Well, it looks like I wont be finishing all my backlogged tasting notes today; but I made a really good dent in the list, and enjoyed some really tasty cups this evening while unwinding with some TV so I’m pretty content.

Nonetheless, even if I can’t finish all my tasting notes I can at least do a few more before I stretch out on my couch/bed for the night and wind down with some sappy TV Damn you Gossip Girl; heart broken Chuck Bass being the little spoon with Blair has me in tears! Why must I fall for all the broken characters! I must be a masochist; I see Chuck in crippling pain and sadness and all I can think is “Give me more of this!”…

Anyway, this cup was a few (two?) nights ago. I watched Big Brother with Tre (I guess that is now roommate bonding time?) and sipped on this cup of creamy mint goodness! It was very smooth, very mint, and very white chocolate with absolutely no pesky peppercorns! Also, no weird white chocolate goop.

Semi negative notes though; as I mentioned in someone’s Blueberry Jam tasting note -Cameron B. perhaps? this week I normally have a “Stevia Immunity” where I can’t taste the sweetener which makes many cringe – except there was an extra flavour in this cup taking the place of those weird, unnecessary peppercorns and I think it was the flavour of stevia. It’s hard to explain, but it tasted very weird. Not necessarily bad, but maybe a little bit unwelcome?

Hopefully my new found ability to taste Stevia will go away as quickly as it came!

Cameron B.

Blarg stevia! :P

Comments

Cameron B.

Blarg stevia! :P

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: