Technically I didn’t drink this one: I made a cup of this for Tre upon his request for “tea: any tea”. I selected it because I have lots of this to use up, and I know he really, really loves coconut so that’s become a default ingredient for me to rely on when making tea selection choices for him.

I honestly forgot, though, that he “demands” tablespoons of sugar in his tea and, really, I don’t know how I forgot because fuck that’s a lot of sugar, but I did. I guess because I honestly haven’t made him tea in a long tea: he’s been on a hot chocolate kick. So, no sugar in the cup of this for him. But you know what? He still loved it! He drank the whole cup and said he actually really liked it. So go me! I guess I know how to pick ’em.

Now I want to make this one sooner rather than later though; I could smell it so strongly the whole time he had it and it smelled so very damn ripe and juicy with this lovely coconut edge. Ugh; damn bagged teas making me want to take a break from loose leaf! NEVER.

Although, I have just finished off the last of my Sugar Plum Spice; I suppose I do need another bagged tea to work on for my next bagged tea sip down. This could be that tea…

mj

I have this tea and the idea and smell of it are always better than the actual taste. At least for me

mj

I want to get rid of it…just throwing that out there in case you are interested. No strings (financial or otherwise) attached

Roswell Strange

No no, that’s ok! I want to get rid of it too; hence why it was served to the roommate ;) Still, it’s a nice occasional treat for those rare times when I want something mango flavoured. That fruit and I are on weird terms :P

mj

Damn, you didn’t fall for it ;)

Comments

mj

Roswell Strange

mj

Damn, you didn’t fall for it ;)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada