Thanks TheLastDodo for the sample!

There are a lot of interesting things in this blend; green tea and raisins (both things I don’t especially like) and gojis (which I’m half sure I can’t even taste) for example. There are also jujubes which I remember discussing with Kittenna around Christmas time when we had tea together. It was an ingredient neither of us were all that familiar with; and this is my first time having them. There are also very large shards/chunks of sugar in the blend which I’m not too keen about. I don’t like when my tea is presweetened for me.

I know it’s a stretch, but Kittenna do you remember at all what the jujubes in your tea tasted like?

I wasn’t really sure how to even approach preparing this – so I decided to start by cold brewing it because it’s the easiest/most convenient approach in regard to prep time. I don’t even know. I literally wrote down three words in my reference notes. Not super helpful, past me!

Here’s what I wrote down though: “Musty ginseng. Cranberry.”

I do remember the ginseng being quite pronounced in the flavour, and the vegetal green base underneath it – maybe even some nutty notes from the base. But I’m not too sure where I got cranberry from – there aren’t any in the blend. I suppose it’s possible I interpreted the goji and cranberry flavour, though I’m skeptical of it. Another explanation would be the jujubes, which I’ve got no familiarity with. Does anyone know what they’re supposed to taste like? I have this foggy recollection of the server at the tea house Kittenna and I went to comparing them to dates? But it’s been so long, I can’t remember if that’s an accurate memory or not.

Either way, I wasn’t big on this one. I’ll try it again hot though – I really want to give it a fighting chance because it does seem so unique and different to me.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: