Cold Brew Sipdown (114)!

I’m still not really into this tea, but at least the cold brew had a bit more presence to it. I thought it had really weighty, earthy Pu’Erh top notes that made it feel a bit more commanding, and a little bit of a sweet body. It was still nothing like described though – and of all the Ette Blends easily the worst.

However, the Ette group order was a really, really good experience overall! I really liked, Lychee Konnyaku and Mango Sticky Rice – and though I’m still finishing off Pandan Chiffon, it’s been really solid too. All three of those blends are ones I’d consider ordering again if I was a more rich person.

Fjellrev

Fortune Cookie Chai sounds like such a fucking good idea but rather with a black base.

Comments

Fjellrev

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: