Take #2

Starting off boxing day with a yummy cup of tea and some breakfast wraps; eggs, cheddar, hashbrowns, and Asian pears all rolled up in one yummy crepe! Now that I have a better feel for what this tea tastes like I can say I’m enjoying it a lot more. I taste the rosemary and Pu’erh base in particular which is an interesting flavour juxtaposition. I wouldn’t think that they’d work together but they actually do in a wonderful way. The juniper comes through in the front of the sip and the finish but less so in the body; that’s more reserved for the herbs/spices.

Anyone do any Boxing Day shopping yet? I’ve placed orders with Teavana and Red Leaf Tea thus far; should Bluebird miraculously restock Cola & Lime Guayusa I’ll be ordering with them as well but apart from that I think I’m done for the year. I nabbed a tea cook book from Teavana; even with the shipping the cost of the book w. their sale was cheaper than it would have been at the regular price. I’m excited for more inspiration to put the skills I learned in my last Sommelier class to work. No sale from RLT, just needed more matcha. I went with Apple, Grape, Bubble Gum, and Butternut Pie! I’ve only tried one of those (bubble gum) but I’m really excited for the others. In particular, I think Grape will be good!

no boxing day shopping here.

Mookit

Thanks for mentioning the Teavana sale! I didn’t know they had one until you did. I went and grabbed the book too! They had a good sale for some of the more expensive sea too. Got some Black Dragon Pearls to try. :)

Evol Ving Ness

No Boxing Day shopping here either. I may pass by Holt’s this week to see if any tea remains, but that’s it. Way lost my mind already this year. Thankfully, have so many lovely teas to drink. And some less than lovely ones too.

Comments

no boxing day shopping here.

Mookit

Evol Ving Ness

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: