Sipdown (127)!

Thank you Christina for the sample!

I made a large mug of this one last night, with a little splash of milk. My little sister and I are binging on movies she hasn’t seen but are “classics” of a sort. We started with 13 Going on 30 and then ended the night with The Truman Show. Today, I’m hoping to get in a combination of 50 First Dates, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Yes Man. All of those are movies you just have to see at least once.

The was a really good tea; I can see it making a lovely everyday drinker. Dominant notes of baked bread, malt, and raisins/muscat (perhaps from the Darjeeling in the blend) with softer notes of honey and plums. It reminds me loosely of Fruit Cake which definitely seems appropriate for a holiday blend. Good Fruit Cake though; with real fruit and not just candied globs of red and green “mystery fruit”.

Very solid tea, with nice layers of flavour! I really enjoyed it.

tigress_al

Oh man, I watched 50 First Dates and 10 Things I Hate About You too many times to count with my sister when I was a teenager!

Fjellrev

I’ve watched 10 Things sooo many times too. Good choice!

Comments

tigress_al

Fjellrev

I’ve watched 10 Things sooo many times too. Good choice!

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: