Cold Brew Sipdown (134)!

Thank you VariaTea for the sample! This has been on and off my wishlist for such a long time…

I think the flavour of this is absolutely divine! Without getting into too much detail, it reminds me of a perfectly baked sugar cooking with the lightest, most airy/fluffy lemon icing on top. It’s perfect, and simple and the flavours are show cased so damn well! At the same time, as I drank it, I had the most striking sense of flavour deja vu and it’s killing me because I know I definitely have not had this tea before and I cannot for the life of myself place what tea I’m being reminded of.

Really want to get my hands on more of this.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Cream, Frosting, Lemon, Vanilla

it’s a good one :)

TeaNTees

…and onto the wishlist it goes! Sounds fab. :)

Kaylee

Maybe Butiki’s lemon macaron?

VariaTEA

Once I noticed you never had this I was like I MUST share this one! So glad you liked it :)

Roswell Strange

@Kaylee I thought that might be it, but no revisited that one afterwards and it’s definitely not what I was thinking of.

Comments

it’s a good one :)

TeaNTees

…and onto the wishlist it goes! Sounds fab. :)

Kaylee

Maybe Butiki’s lemon macaron?

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: