Bonus tea from my 52Teas order…

This one smells really nice; strong apricot notes for sure. Technically, these are pluots used in the blend but my initial impression is that they’re definitely more on the apricot side than the plum side.

Brewed up, this is pretty smooth with a really nice, lush and present stonefruit note all throughout the entire sip. Again, I definitely think it’s a much stronger apricot flavour than plum but regardless it’s very delicious and natural tasting. As well, it’s definitely the perfect level of sweetness. Similar to the Grapefruit/Ginger tea from 52Teas I had earlier in the week the ginger isn’t overly apparent, with the strongest point I’m experiencing it being at the end of the sip. I think I may even like this pairing of apricot and ginger better than the grapefruit and ginger due, though.

The base oolong here is nice; it’s a little nutty which is a nice added component to the cup. Other than that one dominant note, it doesn’t offer a whole lot of other added flavour nuances, but it more so just a nice complimentary backdrop to Anne’s other added ingredients.

Aside from flavour; the name of this tea is really fun. It reminds me really strongly of my birthday twin Marzipan who has always had a penchant for sparkly teas. I miss seeing her here and active on Steepster; but hopefully she’s doing well. Sadly, my cup wasn’t really sparkly at all – but it was tasty, and that’s what counts the most.

LiberTEAS

Yeah, it’s difficult to do the sparkly part and keep it vegan because most sprinkles/sparkles are not vegan. I did find vegan sparkles but they are flakes so when I sprinkled them over the tea, they didn’t give off very much sparkle. They’d be much more effective on a cupcake, I think.

Super Starling!

I’m almost afraid to ask this, but… what animal products are in sparkly products?

Roswell Strange

I’m just guessing, but I’d think maybe gelatin?

Comments

LiberTEAS

Super Starling!

Roswell Strange

I’m just guessing, but I’d think maybe gelatin?

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada