Guess what guys… This is my 4000th tasting note!

Holy shit that snuck up on me; I remember somewhat around tasting note 3300 or something I was trying to plan for distant future so I could pick a memorable tea for tasting note 4000 but then BANG 4000 is here already just like that!

I think this is a good pick for 4000 though; I LOVED Butiki’s White Rhino tea and I’m really happy to get the chance to try another company’s offering. It’s such a unique and memorable varietal because it’s white tea that really ISN’T white tea. Both in flavour and how you brew it. Instead of that 70-80 degree range, I definitely used near boiling water for this one ’cause I just know that it can take the heat. Literally; in this case.

And shit guys; it’s like drinking Butiki’s White Rhino all over again. Someone catch me; I’m swooning so hard right now I may just injure myself. I wish I had in real life tea friends who could share this excitement with me. It’s both nostalgic and new and exciting!

There’s so much going on with the flavours; I’m not even sure where to start. I guess I could just list ‘em? I mean, firstly the tea overall has that same Hot Cross Bun/Easter Bun flavour that I found so poignantly distinct to Butiki’s White Rhino. It’s REALLY cool that it’s translating to this one too. Sweet sugary dough/bread, that kind of icing-y stuff and glaze, soft cinnamon, raisins, and fruity undertones? Mmmm; all there! Apart from that, there’s also thick notes of hay, some yummy malt in the finish, honey, and sweet potato! Maybe even a sliver of cocoa; but that element is quite light. It all comes together to create something so rich and smooth. Easy to finish the full mug without realizing it/even starting the tasting note you were planning on writing alongside drinking it. You know, hypothetically of course…

This was a good choice; and after a day of pretty mediocre tea overall this was a GREAT note to end on. And yeah, holy shit, 4000 tasting notes! That’s totally INSANE. And it’s only been like three years since I’ve been on Steepster, eh? Rounding a bit, that averages to like four tasting notes a day!? Man I don’t even know how to feel about that…

Also, a song pairing ‘cause that’s just sort of my thing now:

I actually tried SUPER hard to find the perfect, meaningful song to drink with this both to fit the tea but also the landmark tasting note. I struggled doing that and then eventually gave up searching. Instead I just put my playlist on shuffle, and settled into this one. It actually wound up feeling quite fitting…

tea-sipper

Happy 4000! And a tea like White Rhino is definitely deserving of 4000. :D

thanks for reminding me about this replacement…i’d forgotten about it! and grats on 4k!

Mookit

That’s an amazing amount of tasting notes, congrats!

Inkay

Congrats on 4000 notes! And based on this one, I’ll have to give White Rhino a try.

Comments

tea-sipper

Happy 4000! And a tea like White Rhino is definitely deserving of 4000. :D

Mookit

That’s an amazing amount of tasting notes, congrats!

Inkay

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada