First tea of the morning!

This is my first day off both jobs in… ages. Like, literally over two weeks.

So the plan for the day is basically just to enjoy as much tea as possible and relax. Sounds easy, right? Well – I’ve pretty well been confined to my room literally all morning because our new roommate hasn’t moved his stuff over yet, so he slept on the couch last night. Which is connected to the kitchen/main living space. I was trying to be polite and not wake him, but by noon I’d reached the point where I felt it was an appropriate enough time of day I could move about and not be an ass for doing it.

So I started by making myself, and him, a cup of tea and then making us each a bagel with maple chevre and some cubed pineapple. I was hoping the soft sounds of my making breakfast in the kitchen and the aroma of fresh food/tea would wake him up. No such luck; it’s now an hour later than when I’d initially made breakfast/tea and his food is still sitting on the kitchen counter untouched. Oh well, I tried.

The tea was actually pretty good though! When I first opened the sample packet like a week ago to smell it the aroma actually made me feel pretty uneasy/sick so I waited to try it and thankfully it sat well with me this morning/early afternoon.

I was SO excited for this one when I saw it announced for this AU collection; I’m not the world’s biggest bergamot/EG fan but I do have a soft spot for flavoured Earl Grey. I will say both the plum and clove, which are the extra flavours in this EG, come through quite strongly. However, do they go together is the more important question. The answer to that question is… kinda?

It’s just weird and slightly spiced but not really? Also, with the strong bergamot notes and the plum there was something sort of perfume like/chemical to the combination that seemed just a touch off to me. However, that said, whatever caused that seemed to calm down as the tea cooled, and the flavours came together a bit more smoothly overall as well. It wasn’t bad overall; just a little disjointed as a blend. I loved the clove flavour, though!

Flavors: Bergamot, Cloves, Floral, Lavender, Perfume, Plums, Stonefruits

mrmopar

R and R is die you workaholic!

Kristal

Waiting til past 12? Wow that’s more than generous!

Enjoy your day off! :)

Comments

mrmopar

R and R is die you workaholic!

Kristal

Waiting til past 12? Wow that’s more than generous!

Enjoy your day off! :)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada