Sipdown (159)!

Another from Christmas Eve!

After breakfast/opening presents we decided we were gonna head to the mall because mom wanted to spend some of her birthday money from her mom, and my sister and I still had to grab some last minute things for her Christmas stocking, as well.

While we were all getting ready to head out, I decided to make a cup of tea because that’s just what I do. This was one of the free samples from my Dammann Freres calendar, and now that the advent is all done it marks the last DF tea in my cupboard, currently, that I’ve yet to try, which is kind of sad…

The tea was good; very smooth for a jasmine green, especially a bagged one. For anyone else, I imagine it would have been a perfectly normal/average jasmine green. For me, there was something more unique about it though, and that was that when I drank it I didn’t get grape notes at all. That’s really strange for me because usually jasmine and grape come hand in hand for me, so it threw me a little bit.

I’d have loved to see if that weird absence of grape carried throughout the whole mug even as it cooled, but sadly the last third or so of my mug got spilled. My siblings were fooling around in the kitchen and one thing led to another and, well, my little sister ended up sprawled on the ground underneath where I was standing and then my brother made me laugh so hard I not only dropped my mug of tea (the mug is fine!) but also spit out the tea in my mouth, as I was mid sip. Both the mouth tea and the mug tea landed on my sister who was under me… Oops.

She was fine, though.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada