Sipdown (181)!

I love, love, love the packaging for this one. It was pretty well enough on its own to make me want to try this one, despite the cheesy as all hell name.

Mint and lemon sounds like it should make for a really refreshing iced/cold brew; sort of lemonade-y I’d guess? So I cold brewed this one! I was really excited about it too.

It’s not bad, I guess. I definitely thought there would be more balance between the mint and the lemon notes but this is very much a ‘mint with lemon’ tisane and not ‘mint and lemon’ and there IS a big difference between those two things. I want to like it really badly, but it’s just strong and a little odd.

Also, if I’m being perfectly honest the intensity of the mint is giving me flashbacks of DAVIDsTEA’s Peppermint Amour and that time I found a maggot in the tea leaf. I still gag every time I have to open the tin of Peppermint Amour for a customer, by the way. Like, every damn time. While I was quickly able to shake the feeling of maggot tea whilst drinking this, the fact is brought up that unpleasant memory in the first place is just… ugh!

I think I’m content with just this one tasting, on this one. Again, it’s not the worst but I think I may just have more cons than pros this time around.

Roswell Strange

Just for the record, since I’m realizing people may not have heard the maggot story before…

It was a VERY long time ago; nearly three years now I think. Long before I worked at DAVIDsTEA. In the years since, DT has changed suppliers for the peppermint used for Peppermint Amour, though I have no clue what the reason behind the change was.

To be fair, that’s also not the weirdest thing anyone has ever found in tea before either – but since I found this particular thing, it’s just especially gross to me and I can’t shake the feeling I felt when I found it each time I open that damn tin.

MissLena

Haha I remember that story and every time I have my Peppermint Amour I think about maggots too _ and I love peppermint teas too haha. Ah well luckily there has not been one in there yet :D

Comments

Roswell Strange

MissLena

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada