#ProjectTeaWall

I’ve been dreading crossing this tea off the list, but I finally caved and tried it when I was experiencing a bit of an upset stomach on shift. I knew the ginger would likely help settle it a bit…

Yeah; not gonna sugar coat this one: I dumped it.

Man, I do not like ginger and this is just SO MUCH ginger. As it should be, mind you, given it’s name. I just couldn’t handle it. Nothing about this one was redeeming for me. That said, I was definitely intrigued by a certain element of it even if I didn’t enjoy it. What was that element? Well, I thought this was oddly and potently earthy. This is really specific and weird, but the earthiness I was tasting reminded me so strongly of the way I completely dirt covered potato smells. It was the strangest flavour sensation…

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJ5mgEzSwM&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ&index=422

Of course, this isn’t the version that was playing on the radio when I was drinking the tea. The actual version was the one that the radio was playing. I like this cover A LOT better though, and even if I didn’t like the tea I do think that weird earthy quality of it compliments the tone of this singers voice and the style of music.

donkeyteaarrrraugh

Ok how funny…l I just posted (after ages of silence) about David’s tea then I flipped to my dashboard and you reviews and disclaimer are here….. Life is funny!

Ubacat

I feel the same way about ginger teas but I love ginger in food.

Nattie

Ginger is the devil’s food.

Kristal

I love ginger but I don’t like the fact they put stevia in this one

Comments

donkeyteaarrrraugh

Ubacat

I feel the same way about ginger teas but I love ginger in food.

Nattie

Ginger is the devil’s food.

Kristal

I love ginger but I don’t like the fact they put stevia in this one

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada