Sipdown (217)!

So, a while ago I made a really nice baked brie with blueberry compote topping with a side of Blueberry Jam tea infused brown sugar syrup topped fresh fruit. However, what’s a meal without a tea to accompany it?

Since the meal itself was so thoughtfully planned out I knew I wanted a tea that would be enjoyable but wouldn’t detract from the tastes I had so thoughtfully paired together. This was that tea! I had a few infusions of it Gong Fu while I was eating the meal that were nice but appropriately delicate so as to not add anything to the overall flavour that would muddle it up.

Though, after the meal I did continue the session with another five infusions so I could enjoy the nuances of the tea itself too and appreciate what it has to offer too! Some jot notes I took after the meal:

- First 3 infusions were with the food; mostly a delicate straw w. peach taste
- Definitely a delicate white peony w. notes of straw, hay, fresh flowers, & peach
- Soft flavour decline, though! Definitely lasted longer than I anticipated it to

Here’s a link to my Blueberry Jam review where I talk about that a bit more and how it tied into the meal: https://steepster.com/roswellstrange/posts/356575#likes

And some more pictures of everything:

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: