Sipdown (277)!

New, to me, company! I definitely first saw this company on VariaTEA’s instagram feed; some of the flavours they offered seemed pretty unique and samples were an option so I ended up getting twelve different samples; plenty to get a good feel of the company.

I don’t know why I chose this one to drink first: I knew I wanted an iced tea, and it definitely looked like the kind of flavour that would work well for an iced tea but apart from that something about it just… stood out.

- Kind of a weirdly buttery peach smell to the dry leaf?
- The dry leaf hardcore reminded me of peach strudels
- The taste is brighter/juicier and more candy/cocktail like
- Does retain a HINT of butteryness to it though
- Also notes of sweet apples
- The spices seemed like a weird touch to me, but honestly I’m into them!?
- Like, they’re just BARELY present but the soft hints of allspice and ginger work
- It just makes the brightness of the peach extra vibrant
- Don’t know that I agree strongly with the name…
- But I’m REALLY into the tea

I wonder how long they’ll be keeping these summer exclusive teas around for, because I was actually SUPER impressed by this one and if I ended up liking enough of the blends I would actually definitely consider grabbing more of this one. I think it was a good intro to the company, for sure!

VariaTEA

Haha did you order from them? I haven’t found one of their teas that I really enjoyed yet so I should maybe give this a try. The Strawberry Sundae one really messed me up though because it was like cheese.

VariaTEA

*what did you order from them. Obviously you ordered. Also I think I got a sample of almost every single tea they offered.

Roswell Strange

Ooh, I did get the Strawberry Sundae – maybe I’ll (cautiously) try that one next? Cheese sounds weird…

I grabbed: Peach Bellini, Pina Colada, Strawberry Sundae, Banana Pancakes, Rum & Cola, Carrot Cake, Apple Maple Bacon, Root Beer Float, Blue Delicious, Orange Creamsicle, Carnival Candy Crackle, Tropical Punch and I got Vanilla Cupcake as a bonus sample.

Arby

You have inspired me to order three samples from them. I was pleasantly surprised to find out their shipping is only $3.50 in Canada!

Ooh, which ones!?

Comments

VariaTEA

Arby

Ooh, which ones!?

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada