#VacationTea

Well, we’ve safely arrived in Fargo! We’re here for about two and a half days in total; not totally sure what we’ll get up to but I’m sure it’ll be fun! I know there’s a tea store in town, so definitely gonna check that out.

We’ve actually already been to the mall, and then we stopped at the giant natural foods grocery store to pick up lunch/supper to have in the hotel. Probably just gonna have a mellow evening in now – maybe watch Stranger Things season two?? I got a really good Kombucha haul from the store though! I’ve seriously never seen so many different kinds of kombucha in one location. Like, they had a kombucha aisle. It was kind of crazy. I ended up getting five different kinds – three different brands in total. All of them were companies I’d never even heard of before. So, definitely looking forward to checking those out.

This is Kombucha number one of five; I’ve actually had grape kombucha before but I’ve really enjoyed it so I decided to try this company’s take on it. Actually, three of five different kombuchas I got were from this company – as a whole, they had the most unique range of flavours and the packaging was also REALLY pretty.

This is very tasty! It’s really msooth and has a very bright, vibrant concord grape flavour! It’s super light, really refreshing and just the tiniest bit acidic. There is hibiscus in this one, so I bet that’s where the bulk of that sort of acidic/tangyness is coming from. Other ingredients include Gingko, which I feel like I can taste just a little as well. Mostly just very grape heavy, though. The finish is very crisp and clean cut – no real lingering flavours here. I also found it really interesting that this is a rooibos kombucha. I’m certainly no expert – but when I took the kombucha starter seminar offered by TAC I definitely remember them clearly saying that they didn’t recommend using rooibos/mate or purely herbal bases for kombucha – I think it kills the SCOBY overtime, if I’m remembering that correctly? Perhaps someone here on Steepster who’s more knowledgeable about kombucha would know more?

Anyway! This was tasty! Definitely nice to have something cold on hand to sip on at the hotel since I haven’t had consistent access to iced tea since we left.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: