Sipdown (412)!

#VacationTea

Wow, my cupboard has just blown up so much…

But hey, I finished off one of the teas I brought with from home! Like, actually truly finished it off. So that’s something. On the other hand, I’m bringing home 34 new teas tomorrow, so one tea is really only a drop in the bucket.

This was my tea for in the car, on the drive back in from Fargo to Winnipeg. We got back into Winnipeg around 6PM and from there we went to my step sister’s house to go out trick or treating with her and my step nephews. Dominic, the older of the two, is thirteen and he was very “over it”/was acting like an ‘adult’ who was disinterested in Halloween and ‘baby things’. What!? Who gets sick of Halloween!? It’s the best holiday of the year! At least my younger nephew, Gabriel, was super excited! He’s only five, so he was really into it. We went like seven blocks before he got too cold and wanted to head home and then we had a good time sorting his candy/counting it.

As for the tea; I added a little milk to it this time. Mostly, I just wanted it to cool down quicker so that I could drink it sooner in the car during the trip back into Winnipeg – but I didn’t hate the idea of adding milk to a tea that reminded me so strongly of oatmeal raisin cookies. This was better straight though; the milk drowned out a lot of the flavour in my opinion without adding a whole lot substantial flavour wise. Thankfully, the cinnamon and raisin notes prevailed, although they were certainly muted.

I’ve never actually ordered from Banff Tea Co. and to be honest I definitely wont be any time soon with the state that my cupboard is currently in, but if I was going to I think this is actually something I’d seriously consider adding into an order. It was a delightful surprise, and apart from the awesome kombucha I got to experience this trip I think it’s actually one of the best teas I’ve had so far on this vacation.