I’m home sick from work today…

I got home last night, from closing the store, at about 10:30PM. I hadn’t felt great all day but I figured it was just ‘cause the last few weeks I’ve been doing the opening shift so my body just wasn’t used to starting work at 2PM when lately I’ve been getting off work by 4PM. Not the case though – shortly before midnight last night I threw up, and I haven’t really stopped since. So, definitely not just a break in work habit kind of thing.

I don’t really know what my tea drinking day is gonna look like today; my sense of taste is fine but I’m still DEFINITELY having some tummy issues and nothing is really sitting well. I picked this one ‘cause I thought the cinnamon/ginger notes and the soft roasty notes might sit well enough. I mean, taste wise it’s been great – very brown rice and spice cake. Not so much carrot cake today though; just spice cake. I think it’s too early to tell if I’ll be able to keep it down, but fingers crossed!

Fjellrev

That’s brutal, I’m sorry, Roswell. I hope you’ll start to feel better soon.

oh god. hope you feel better asap!

CrowKettle

Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery!

VariaTEA

You’re the third person I’ve heard of with stomach problems like this recently which is weird given you’re all in different provinces. I guess it’s the time of year where illnesses run rampant

VariaTEA

I hope you feel better soon though!

Comments

Fjellrev

That’s brutal, I’m sorry, Roswell. I hope you’ll start to feel better soon.

oh god. hope you feel better asap!

CrowKettle

Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery!

VariaTEA

I hope you feel better soon though!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada