My Kitten and The Bear order arrived today, and along with it fancy banana spread and the two Sloane teas that I grabbed! I’ve got the first one currently cold brewing in the fridge, and this one I decided to brew up immediately – I was too curious not to!

It honestly smells so good! Very aromatic and rich, with really intense and sweet smelling peach notes! Not so much a candied peach like I was kind of expecting either, but something much more natural/realistic. Basically, sweet overripe peach: ready to pop with all those beautiful flavourful juices! It was making me salivate just smelling it, and it got even more lovely as it was steeping!

Steeped up I took my first sip, and I was super smitten!

This tastes so distinctly of very, fresh and just a little overripe peaches with hints of nectarine in the mix too. Just It’s really sweet, and juicy but ultimately also incredibly smooth! The vanilla undertones here are also just very rich, and super intense/creamy and ultimately very natural. They’re also just really thick, adding a lot of body to the overall flavour. The thing is, this isn’t peaches and cream in the sense that it’s creamy peach. No, it’s more like slices of peach topped in heavy, vanilla infused cream. In a way that makes it so much better though because it’s different from other “Peaches and Cream” teas!

I. Love. It.

Let’s see, other things going on with this tea…

It does have some of the typical hay/straw notes you’d get from white tea and there’s a little bit of natural nectarine/lemon notes that play well into the peach essence in the blend as well as a little natural cream that adds to the vanilla/cream component as well. The base and flavour pairing here just really connects so well on several different layers. Touches of floral elements too, but very very light ones. Gah! I just love this one so much!!!

just wish these weren’t so expensive for what they are. Feel like you’re paying for their fancy tins vs the tea

Roswell Strange

I know, right!? But I actually looked on the Sloane website today and it’s cheaper to order from Kitten & The Bear than directly from Sloane!

bwahahaha that’s ridiculous! they used to do pop up stores downtown here and i picked up a slew of their teas for 50% off… haven’t seen that in forever though.

apieceofquiche

Oh, this sounds yummy! I’ve read a lot of reviews about Sloane Tea recently. I wonder if they ship to the USA.

Comments

Roswell Strange

apieceofquiche

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: