drank 2017 Little O by White2Tea

So, I own a cake of Big O – but in an order other than the one where I bought that cake I did end up getting a Little O coin as well. I was just gonna log this one under the Steepster entry for Big O, but I guess it has its own entry so might as well pop it on this one?

Normally I’d use a coin of this size for a Gong Fu session but since I know I have a lot of this one in cake format to drink I ended up just breaking the coin in half and using it for two different Western style mugs of tea while I read a new comic book with some music going in the background. It was very relaxing, and a good atmosphere!

Flavour wise, I don’t think this is any different from Big O – and I mean, rightfully so since it’s the exact same tea just compressed into different sized cakes/coins. Why would it taste any different!? That would be illogical. It’s smooth and full bodied though, with a really nice, natural orange flesh/pulp kind of taste in the body of the sip surrounded by this sort of wet/damp earth and wood taste from the shou. Really, really thick liquor that coats the whole mouth, and a lingering finish that is warm and inviting and made me eager for the next sip. Or slurp, as was often the case. It was good reading tea, very calm and soothing! I have no need for the coins since I’ve got a cake of Big O for me to drink; but if I hadn’t caked it already this would definitely be an affordable approach to the tea with the convenience of not needing to break the cake up at all.

I think my cake needs a bit of time to rest/air out – but these coins seem ready to drink for me to me so if you like chenpi then I totally recommend giving these a go!

Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BePGJP7FmcS/?taken-by=ros_strange

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjaVrbEUbLQ&index=5&list=WL

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: