Welp, I cracked into my cake of this one!

It was really satisfying unwrapping it and taking the pick to it to break off the first chunk; and very easy to break apart too. I got it all in one go, even. Once again I have to take the time to express how beautiful and aesthetically pleasing this tea is when it steeps up. I had no intentions of filming the actual steeping of this tea as I was at work when I drank it, but I just couldn’t resist because those flowers are STUNNING. And, like, whole flowers. It’s hard to explain, but watching it is almost… humbling?

Flavourwise it’s a very, very delicate profile that is the sort of thing you really need to take your time to appreciate and enjoy. Floral, for sure, but in its own unique way that I find very challenging to compare to other flowers. The best I can do is convey that it’s a floral element in the vain of ‘fresh’ florals rather than more heady ones like rose or jasmine. Lightly sweet, in a natural way.

I don’t know why; but the whole thing reminds me of hummingbirds…

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada