Cold Brew Sipdown (516)!

Last tea from Story of My Tea to finish off; like the others this one basically come in a very large tea bag for you to make iced tea with, but I opted to just cold brew it largely out of laziness. This one was pleasant enough; I really, really enjoy blueberry black teas and in fact my most logged tea here on Steepster is a blueberry black tea so I’m always excited to try more variations while at the same time probably also very critical given how much I love them. Sort of a catch 22; I love them but I will tear them apart nearly every time I drink one…

I thought the blueberry flavour in this had a nice overall presence though; it wasn’t too light but it didn’t entirely overshadow the black tea base either which is definitely what I want out of a good blueberry black tea. Biggest complaint though is overall sweetness; it took me a while to place it but finally I landed on the fact that what the blueberry notes were reminding me of was blueberry syrup! Back when I was living in Saskatoon there was a little cafe at the end of my block – I only went a couple of times, but they made their own blueberry syrup and I think that’s what this is reminding me of. I mean, the syrup tasted good and this tastes good but the point is that it tastes sweetened and just a little unnatural and I was hoping for something would be sort of naturally sweet/mimic the taste of actual blueberries. So it is a touch disappointing.

But overall I liked it despite some small issues, and I think it was probably the best tea I had overall from Story Of My Tea as well. Don’t think I’d repurchase/order it though.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada