drank Carrot Cake by Tickled Tea

Sipdown (531)!

I had every intention of finishing this one off on Easter because it was so thematically appropriate – but I ended up finishing it off the day after instead because I got tired and went to bed a lot earlier than intended. It feels like all I do right now is work and then sleep…

This was actually the most impressive cup of this tea I’ve had to date though; it had hints of cakeyness but most importantly it had some very nice, balanced spice notes (both allspice and cinnamon, but I swear nutmeg too) and a very authentic, sweet carrot undertone and finish. I think in the last half year I’ve really come to greatly appreciate carrot as an addition to tea, and the natural sweetness it can provide a blend. It really is a much better alternative to licorice root or stevia. So, a very nice cup.

And one less number to worry about.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada