Cold Brew Sipdown (639)!

Yes, after that flurry of sipdowns/tasting notes this morning my cupboard number has gone up yet again. I got a handful of free Teavivre samples in the mail today though and this was included in those samples. I’m always curious about Teavivre’s fruit infusions; it seems like a sort of weird thing for them to carry – and in so many varieties too! I’ve never really spoken to a tea drinker who has gone “Yes, I’m placing a Teavivre order because I’ve run out of their fruit infusions”. It’s always one of their straight teas.

I own the Waterlillies blend they carry; that was my first “foray” into their fruit blends. I almost went with this one instead, but I was lured in by the pineapple in the aforementioned. I tried to go for a real mix of teas in this most recent batch of free samples; and that included flowering tea, some pu’erh, a straight herbal tea that I don’t think I’ve experienced before from any company, and this! Back during the free sample/Black Friday deals in November I actually kind of wish I’d gone for this one instead of Waterlillies though because I think I enjoyed this one a lot more than I do Waterlillies, which I find to be VERY tart and hibiscus heavy in terms of flavour. But at least I’ve tried it now…

So firstly, “Vanilla” is DEFINITELY a misnomer because there is nothing in this blend that tastes of vanilla _at all. However, once you accept that and move past the idea of a “berries and cream” profile it is very enjoyable as a mixed berry tea! It’s a little bit tart, but overall quite smooth and well balanced with some really nice sweet Blueberry and Elderberry notes, and then just a little bit of currant in the finish of the sip. It’s fresh and juicy, and hella refreshing! And when I say ‘a little tart’ I really do mean the bare minimum amount of tartness for this to actually make sense as a berry tea; apart from that it’s smooth, smooth sailing all the way!

Thoroughly enjoyable, and maybe I wouldn’t place a Teavivre order specifically for this blend but you can bet that I’d toss it into my cart if I was making an order for other things at the same time!