Sipdown (650)!

Finished this one off as an iced tea, in my tea press.

I was very curious about this blend; it’s a green tea which isn’t usually my jam but the pineapple mint pairings sounded really intriguing to me. I like the idea of smashing really contrasting flavours together – and sweet, tangy pineapple and cooling mint are a pretty big juxtaposition. I was hoping for some sort of “mojito” like effect though! That’s also basically what I got in practice – though neither pineapple nor mint were especially bold or flavourful. In fact, the overall profile of the tea was somewhat mellow and medium bodied. Still, juicy sweetness at the top of the sip and more of a crispness/cooling effect in the finish. Also some hibby notes, and a bit of an apple quality.

Couldn’t taste the green tea at all – which is a big win. Thanks for the share VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

This one isn’t the green tea, I don’t think. This is just a tisane. Pineapple Sorbet (which I forgot to send you) is the green tea.

Roswell Strange

Oops – you’re totally correct! I guess that explains why it didn’t taste like green tea even a little bit, lol!

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

I also have a real life pet – a fancy rat named Wasabi.

SK, Canada