drank Machu Peach-u by TeaSource

Discovery Tea Box – Tea Thirteen

This is the last flavoured tea that I pulled from the box; but there’s still two more that I pulled which I haven’t tried yet. Picked this for two reasons; firstly I think it’s a new to me company (after a while you’ve tried so many that it’s easy to lose track). Secondly, I’ve had several peach flavoured white teas over this summer and really just this year in general so I wanted to try this one and see how I stacked up compared to the others.

I actually really enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite I’ve tried. In fact, both of the two that I currently have in my cupboard are better – but it’s a TIGHT race. They’ve all actually been so good. This one is a little astringent, but mostly it does a VERY good job of really accurately conveying the taste of real peaches. Complete with the taste of the peach skin! It did taste a little familiar to me, and it was hard to place why but eventually I realized that I was reminding me A LOT of the Peaches and Cream white tea that I own from Sloane Tea. They have an almost identical peach flavour, but this doesn’t have any cream components to it. I think that’s why I like it less than the Sloane peach white tea and DT’s peach white tea; both of those are peaches and cream and this is just peach.

Still very, very good though!

Flavors: Astringent, Hay, Peach, Straw, Sweet

Mastress Alita

TeaSource is out of Minneapolis, MN, and the one little coffee shop in my town that actually serves real tea and not just grocery store bagged shit (Idaho has amazing coffee but is a tea wasteland, seriously) sources their teas from TeaSource. This happens to be one of the few I don’t really like, though; I was able to sipdown my bag of it okay, but for me I got a dominant autumn leaf taste that always overpowered the peach. Since then I’ve always been searching for the perfect “peach white tea.” I’m crazy about most other TeaSource teas though; I don’t think I could live without my Rhubarb Oolong!

Comments

Mastress Alita

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients: