drank Peach Matcha by DAVIDsTEA

Merry Christmas Steepster!!

I made myself a giant breakfast in bed today, for no particular reason other than it’s Christmas and I wanted to make something more elaborate with the free time I had this morning. So I made over easy eggs with cheese and chives, some hashbrowns cooked in sesame oil (new cooking obsession, for sure) and topped with a mango salsa, and a bagel with some peach matcha infused marscapone for my “cream cheese” type spread.

The whole meal was delicious, but a highlight was definitely the bagel. This isn’t the first time that I’ve made a sort of matcha cream cheese, but it’s the first time I’ve used marscapone as my cheese of choice. I like it a lot as a bagel topping even when there isn’t matcha in it – it’s very light and airy, and super creamy. The peach was a great addition though because it added a lot more flavor to the topping, but maintained that insane freshness/airy quality and the out of this world level of creamy taste.

My instant thought upon finishing it was that I needed to make more, but with strawberry matcha and blueberry matcha. Of course – I didn’t: no one needs three bagels in one morning. However, definitely something that I’m going to be keeping in mind for the rest of my breakfast prep during my vacation…

Also; total side bar but what is it with Montreal and Blueberry Bagels!? For a city that is kind of known for having amazing bagel-game, I can’t seem to find a blueberry bagel in this damn city to save my life! I fucking love blueberry bagels and I’m definitely feeling quite sad without having any in my life right now. Common Montreal!

Cameron B.

Merry Christmas!

I am also obsessed with sesame oil. Also salted sesame seeds (roast sesame seeds and then mix with salt water, then evaporate the water). I cook a lot of Japanese, but those two ingredients carry over into other cuisines as well!

Evol Ving Ness

Merry Christmas to you, Ms. Strange! And to you, Cameron B! (Thanks for the sesame seed tip. I’ll be putting that in my toolbox.)

VariaTEA

Fairmont makes them and while I dont love Montreal style bagels, a fresh blueberry bagel from fairmont is awesome!

Nattie

Merry Christmas!! That breakfast sounds AMAZING!

Comments

Cameron B.

Merry Christmas!

Evol Ving Ness

VariaTEA

Nattie

Merry Christmas!! That breakfast sounds AMAZING!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a mid twenties tea drinker and reviewer originally from the prairies, but recently relocated to Quebec. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession and career path.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more than straight but one of my mini goals is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. I love black and white tea, but traditional/straight and also flavoured or blended. I also drink a lot of oolong and shou teas. For my oolong, I prefer greener oolong in flavoured blends and darker or more oxidized oolongs more pure and with traditional preparation. For shou, I gravitate towards straight, unflavoured shou teas (the exception being Chenpi) but I drink it about 50/50 Western Style and Gong Fu. I WILL drink all tea types though.

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, strong Chai spice profiles,mushrooms, seaweed, chamomile, artificial tasting mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

Currently exploring/looking to try: Sheng from Yiwu, straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, Dancong Oolongs, and compressed black teas. Also, I need to try ALL the root beer teas! Searching for a really good caramel flavoured blend, ideally with a black tea base.

Tea Pet Reference Guide: