drank Monster Mash by DAVIDsTEA

Hot with a little chocolate agave, back earlier in the week during my stretch of neck/head pain where I was drinking a lot of spiced teas since they were providing at least a little relief. I actually really liked the addition of chocolate to this; the sweetness of the agave wasn’t too sweet with everything else going on in the blend and the chocolate actually added a sort of depth and “denseness” to the flavor that seemed to create more body, and exaggerate certain spice notes like clove and cardamom.

Quite interesting, as far as additions go.

Kittenna

Monster Mash? Was this a relabel of something, or a blend I completely missed because I thought it was a relabel?

Chocolate agave?? Excitedly Amazons

Roswell Strange

@Kittenna – not a relabel; it was the new Halloween tea this year. Sort of a spiced “Pumpkin Butter” type of thing. @Nattie – I’m using chocolate agave from DAVIDsTEA, but I don’t know that it’s one of the flavours that we carry year round anymore? I’m sure there are other companies who offer similar though.

Nattie

I’m going to have a look and see if I can find something similar. I can’t get DAVIDsTEA over here anyway but you should totally tell them to open a UK shop

That last bit was supposed to have a strike through, but the coding got eaten

Kittenna

@Roswell – Dang. I was probably too busy with baby to realize it was new; I’m pretty sure I was in a DT in October and saw the tea, but the tea guides at the store I was at didn’t point it out as being new.

Comments

Kittenna

Chocolate agave?? Excitedly Amazons

Roswell Strange

That last bit was supposed to have a strike through, but the coding got eaten

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients: