Reviewing DF blends today got me craving this one quite a lot, and it’s been a while so I indulged in a cup of it while I made my supper. It’s a touch flat/mild because of it’s age (I think it’s almost three years old at this point) but the chocolate and orange notes are there and I even still get a bit of that weird grain alcohol/boozy taste it’s always had. I appreciate the delicate approach to a chocolate and orange profile, and today it’s really doing it for me!

VariaTEA

I miss the Butiki chocolate/orange blend.

Roswell Strange

It was so good! Three Friends was the name, I think.

Martin Bednář

Wait! A chocolate and orange in Prague? Chocolate maaaayyyybbbbeee, but oranges? Not yet here! Haha, but I can imagine it was lovely and trying to recall how a candied orange, half dipped in chocolate tasted like (from derk) and trying to imagine similar flavour of tea. Weird… but certainly tasty.

Maybe alcohol is Prague stuff there :D

Three Friends…or Two Friends if you are Sil

Comments

VariaTEA

I miss the Butiki chocolate/orange blend.

Roswell Strange

It was so good! Three Friends was the name, I think.

Martin Bednář

Maybe alcohol is Prague stuff there :D

Three Friends…or Two Friends if you are Sil

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA