I’m surprised they can call it Thai tea without any black tea in it… I just went and looked it up and it does indeed have black tea. Generally a Ceylon but sometimes Assam is used. According to the Wiki. I’d be very tempted to try this with the thai tea I have.

Regardless this is still pretty good. Not quite chai and not quite thai but it does have the flavors of both. Creamy and slightly spicy.

Edit: So curiosity got the best of me and I brewed a tea bag with this tea. Turned out better then I expected. Bet it would be pretty good with some nice frothy almond milk too.

Anlina

The Thai tea mix I usually buy is made with green tea, though I would have guessed black without looking at the ingredients list.

Comments

Anlina

Stay at home mom of two kids. I’ve been drinking tea for quite awhile but figured now that my studies don’t have to reside on my job I can study up on tea. There is so much to learn!

Lately my tastes have been leaning toward unflavored blacks like Big Red Robe and Amba Thieves. I have a special place in my heart for greens though; especially Genmaicha.

I am a tea consultant for Tea Queens and Steeped Tea but I’m not good at pushing sales or home parties… But I do love to talk tea so if you have questions I would love to talk tea!

Minnesota