The world’s most awarded tea. One might scoff at such a remark but take a look at their credentials and your brain will agree. Still, tasting is believing. So I decided to try it out for myself. It took over two months to make it to me thanks to customs but luckily it got here before C19 hit. Don’t know why I forgot about it on my shelf but I felt the need to confess that. Like most Sri Lanka tea, this one is bold. Though not as bold as their CTC varieties. The dry leaves are a mix of dark chocolate brown and cream. The dry leaves are a nice subtle woodsy tone. But the wet leaves reminds me of a hearty vegetable soup. The liquor is gorgeous, a perfect golden amber. The flavor is bold with strong earth tones. This first time around I am steeping it gong fu style. Though I admit it is a bit tough with the shorter leaves. It requires a firmer grip on the lid. I’ve done 3 sessions now and the first was the best. The second was still good. The third has lost its tenacity. I am excited to try this tea a few ways to see how its flavor profile changes.

Tea is a way of life. The more you drink tea, the more you learn about tea. I’m mostly a purist but also a bit of a tea adventurist. If there is a new tea or brand to be discovered I will try it out. I love every type save for dark teas which I just can’t seem to take a fancy to. The only ones I usually refuse to try are green tea and citrus mixes. Just nope.

I’m a stay at home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

Minnesota