This tea blend is really beautiful – lots of lemongrass and rosebuds and flower petals. The smell is unmistakably floral, with cocoa notes in the background. I can’t say I’d pick up on them if I didn’t know there were cocoa shells in this though. I thought the mix of lemongrass and chocolate was interesting, but I love rose teas and chocolate too so I was glad that amandastory516 was able to share some of this with me. Also, I’ve been wanting to try something from Bird & Blend Tea Co. for the longest time! So glad to finally have the opportunity thanks to tea friends.

The primary flavor I noticed before sweetening is lemongrass. Adding a bit of honey doesn’t change this, but I do enjoy it more with the honey. My husband loves herbals more than anything, and I really think he would like this one. I only like tisanes in the evening usually, and I have to say that this is one I would drink again. It has flavor, it’s not watered down, and I keep reaching again and again for my cup. I do wish I could taste the rose more though, since that’s my favorite part about this blend.

Flavors: Cocoa, Floral, Lemongrass

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Lifetime student. Lover of books and paper and ink. Kitchen dweller. Aspiring herbalist and tea fanatic.

I love flavored black teas most of all, always with cream and honey. I prefer to sweeten my tea as it seems to bring out the flavor. I enjoy floral and fruity teas, as well as flavored or scented ones. I’m not overly fond of green or white teas, but I’ve found a few that I enjoy.

Favorites
Any and all black teas, smoky teas, raspberry, strawberry, chocolate, bergamot, chai spices, cinnamon, cream, floral teas, caramel/toffee, jasmine, rose, vanilla, stone fruits, coconut, valerian root

Not a fan
Lime, white teas (someone tell me what I’m doing wrong with these!), most green teas, artificial sweeteners, sarsaparilla, licorice

I’m open to tea swaps! Just reach out if you see something I have that you want to try.

Rating Scale

1-20: By far, one of the worst teas I’ve tasted. I most certainly will not finish my cup and will likely “gift” the rest to my sweet husband who almost always enjoys the teas I dislike (and vice versa).

21-40: This tea is not good but if I mix it with another tea or find another steeping method I might be able to finish it.

41-60: This one is just okay. I might drink it again if someone were to give it to me, but I probably won’t be buying more for myself.

61-75: This is a consistently good tea. It’s reliable but not necessarily special.

76-90: This one is a notch above the rest and I would gladly enjoy a cup of it any day of the week. I’ll likely be keeping this in my cupboard, but it isn’t one of my all-time favorites.

91-95: One small change and this tea would be perfect. I’ll definitely have a stash of this in my kitchen if you come over for tea.

96-100: No words can describe this tea. It’s an experience, an aha moment. Closed eyes, wide smile, encompassing warmth. Absolutely incredible. Perfect.

Currently reading: