drank Earl Grey Cider by 52teas

I’m not supposed to have caffeine. I’m sensitive to it in general and it can sometimes set off a flare if I’m not careful. That being said, it’s so hard for me to give up my favorite black teas so I usually drink them anyway and try to stay mindful of how my body is feeling on a given day. This cup suffered because of my sensitivities.

I knew immediately when I opened the pouch that this was the tea I wanted. I love a good Earl Grey and how can you go wrong by adding the flavors of hot cider?? It steeped up beautifully, even if I did steep too long, and tasted lovely. But . . .

I only got one sip in, literally just one, before I got the caffeine woozies. Darn. I tried a few more sips, I think 2 or 3, and finally gave it up. What a waste. I still have enough for a couple more cups so I’ll be trying this one again on a better day. Until we meet again.

Flavors: Bergamot

Lifetime student. Lover of books and paper and ink. Kitchen dweller. Aspiring herbalist, excessively proud cat lady, and tea fanatic.

I love flavored black teas most of all, always with cream and honey. I prefer to sweeten my tea as it seems to bring out the flavor. I enjoy floral and fruity teas, as well as flavored or scented ones. I’m not overly fond of green or white teas, but I’ve found a few that I enjoy.

Favorites
Any and all black teas, smoky teas, raspberry, strawberry, chocolate, bergamot, chai spices, cinnamon, cream, floral teas, caramel/toffee, jasmine, rose, vanilla, stone fruits, coconut, valerian root

Not a fan
Lime, white teas (someone tell me what I’m doing wrong with these!), most green teas, artificial sweeteners, sarsaparilla, licorice

I’m open to tea swaps! Just reach out if you see something I have that you want to try.

Rating Scale

1-20: By far, one of the worst teas I’ve tasted. I most certainly will not finish my cup and will likely “gift” the rest to my sweet husband who almost always enjoys the teas I dislike (and vice versa).

21-40: This tea is not good but if I mix it with another tea or find another steeping method I might be able to finish it.

41-60: This one is just okay. I might drink it again if someone were to give it to me, but I probably won’t be buying more for myself.

61-75: This is a consistently good tea. It’s reliable but not necessarily special.

76-90: This one is a notch above the rest and I would gladly enjoy a cup of it any day of the week. I’ll likely be keeping this in my cupboard, but it isn’t one of my all-time favorites.

91-95: One small change and this tea would be perfect. I’ll definitely have a stash of this in my kitchen if you come over for tea.

96-100: No words can describe this tea. It’s an experience, an aha moment. Closed eyes, wide smile, encompassing warmth. Absolutely incredible. Perfect.

Currently reading: