drank Earl Grey by Clipper

This was unexpectedly bitter. First time I made it I steeped it at four minutes, this time around, three minutes and it’s still rather strong. Don’t know if the bitterness comes from the bergamot flavouring oils or just the tea itself.

I picked it up because I like supporting local/Canadian companies, and as a bonus it was also being sold at a local independent home/kitchen accessories store.

I might just have to play around with steeping a bit more.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in their last year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m absent-minded, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

Canada