drank Cinnamon Apple Black by Maya Tea

So, I’ve had this tea for a little while, I just haven’t logged it because I’ve been drinking it mostly at work.

Maya Tea seems to be a hit or miss company for me. Their prices are great, but I’m not impressed by the quality of this one. While the apple aspect is fine, the cinnamon tastes artificial and cheap. Kind of like Red Hots or Big Red gum. I understand that real cinnamon doesn’t dissolve and leaves sediment in tea, but I think it’s worth it.

I’ve been making it over ice, so I’m not sure how this will translate when I start to make it hot. But it’s not quite cool enough here for that. The only reason I chose not to recommend this tea is the cinnamon flavor. I think there are far better apple cinnamon teas out there, if that’s what you’re looking for. But don’t let this put you off of trying Maya Teas. Some of their stuff is great. Just not this one.

Flavors: Apple, Candy, Cinnamon

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA