I bought this expecting it to be pretty generic. I was right.

There’s nothing wrong with it. Assam base with a bit of an astringent bite. It offers an inoffensive, natural-tasting vanilla. But the vanilla is more in the aroma than the taste. It’s not quite as creamy and lingering as I tend to like. I tend to prefer vanilla teas that are more cupcakey and decadent than this. So it’s a little boring, I guess.

I will be using this to blend with my other teas, I suppose. Vanilla goes with everything, so…

Flavors: Vanilla

Evol Ving Ness

Ayup, that’s the destination for the vanilla teas that I find to be lacklustre as well.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from March – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains an earl grey, a chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA