drank S’mores Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Another from Cameron B.! Thank you! I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages!

The loose leaf smells of gingerbread and chocolate. Christmas-y in a way. I’m delighted at the sight of little marshmallows and hazelnut brittle mixed in, but very unimpressed by the ingredients list. Artificial flavors, gelatin, artificial color, and sodium hexametaphosphate? Maybe other tea companies aren’t as honest about this and I’ve been drinking this stuff a lot, but I am a little put off. I just want leaf water and spices. You don’t have to make it weird.

After a splash of 2%, it looks like coffee with cream. To my slight disappointment, the marshmallows did not melt. The flavor is malty and chocolatey. The spices are a little weak for my taste, with hardly any showing through besides cinnamon. However, vanilla is very strong in the aftertaste. Creamy French vanilla. I do like that. But all around, I am not feeling it, like many of you weren’t.

It tastes like a Yankee Candle smells.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Ginger, Graham Cracker, Sweet

3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA