drank Hunan Silk by TeaSource

I got this from Mastress Alita! Thank you! Backlogging from last night when my brain was too burnt to make with the words.

This tea smells so sweet and lush and melony. There is a generous amount of lemongrass mixed throughout the green tea and puerh. The latter two don’t seem like they’d go together, but in this blend, they make sense.

A storm was on its way last night, making it unseasonably warm, so I made this over ice. It’s interesting how I don’t get any puerh notes from this at all. It’s all fresh green tea flavor and sweet, almost candylike melon. The lemongrass is soft and kind of hidden by the fruit. And I guess the puerh is there to brace it and keep it from going full Jolly Rancher. But really, I am having such an affair with melon teas, and this is another one I am really pleased with. It may not quite stack up to Lupicia’s, but it’s up there for sure.

Flavors: Candy, Cantaloupe, Lemon, Lemongrass, Melon

Mastress Alita

I’ve been drinking a lot of melon-flavored iced tea lately. Even during cold weather, I always have at least one mason jar of iced tea in the fridge (down from 3 or 4 during the hot months, but still…) I like the quenching feel of a cold drink when I’m eating a warm meal, and it’s quicker to grab a water bottle with iced tea in it on the go when I don’t have the time to put the kettle on and wait for steep up a warm thermos, despite what the weather might be dictating!

Comments

Mastress Alita

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA