drank Roasted Pumpkin Mate by Fusion Teas

I got a sample of this from Mastress Alita! Thank you!

This seems like it’s going to be an interesting one. I usually strongly dislike mate, but this smells intriguing. Pumpkin spice with nutty toasted notes. I can smell the puffed rice and pumpkin seeds especially, paired with this scent I don’t have a name for, but smell often in Asian grocery stores. Hmm. Dunno what that is.

I didn’t realize this had stevia in it already. Oops. I added some before I saw that. Luckily it’s not a lot, so this didn’t get too crazy sweet. The flavor is surprising! It just tastes like pumpkin pie to me. Smooth, savory pumpkin with cinnamon and ginger’s warmth. But I also taste unmistakable graham cracker crust. There is a bit of rooibos flavor, which I’m not usually a fan of, but in this blend, it works. This tastes like it was baked in the oven in the best way. And I’m not getting a single mate note.

Here’s hoping the caffeine kicks in soon. (Unrelated: I unfollowed a ton of followers who haven’t posted in 3 years or longer… so now my Followers/Following looks super unbalanced. Hmm.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Graham Cracker, Nutty, Pumpkin, Roasted, Rooibos, Toasted, Toasted Rice, Toasty

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 30 sec 24 OZ / 709 ML
gmathis

(Unrelated … has anybody ever figured out how to make the followers who just want to sell you mattresses go away? I have several pages of those that I wish begone.)

Mastress Alita

gmathis: I post those type of Followers on the Spammers on Steepster thread on the forums.

gmathis

I’ve tried to do the same … just hard to keep up with them!

Nattie

I have one trying to sell me ‘little blue pills’ at the moment

Comments

gmathis

Mastress Alita

gmathis

I’ve tried to do the same … just hard to keep up with them!

Nattie

I have one trying to sell me ‘little blue pills’ at the moment

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA