This tea was what sold me on my last Harney & Sons order. When I was a kid, I saw a documentary on the Titanic and became instantly fascinated. I read every National Geographic article on it I could get my hands on, and my dad even took us to see a display of the items recovered from the wreck. Fascinating and tragic stuff.

Anyway, I expected this to be some sort of English breakfast deal, and I was right. The leaves are very short, dark, and fine. My teaspoon scooped up what looks like a lot, so I tried to use a little less leaf than I normally would. Though it brews up very deep reddish brown, the flavor is milder than I expected. It tastes mostly like an assam, but I am also getting notes of Chinese black teas. There’s also apparently oolong mixed in, too? I can’t really detect that over the keemun. It’s mostly just a malty, bready black blend. There’s also a pleasant bitterness that reminds me of dark chocolate in a way.

This is a perfect blend for work, I think. High caffeine and a hearty flavor without being too astringent.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Malt

Rosehips

I’ve had this on my list for quite a while. It sounds nice!

Tabby

It’s definitely worth getting a sample to try!

ashmanra

Isnt Titanic the exact same blend as Palm Court? It actually came with a second label once when it first came out and I think that’s what it was. Big Red Sun is Royal English Breakfast.

gmathis

Granted, it’s a tourist trap, but a Titanic reconstruction/museum is just a couple hours from us and I’d love to walk through it. Love the era, fascinated with the story, and I can always remember the date of its demise—same as my birthday. Month and day, not year. I’m a geezer, but not quite that geezerly.

Comments

Rosehips

I’ve had this on my list for quite a while. It sounds nice!

Tabby

It’s definitely worth getting a sample to try!

ashmanra

gmathis

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA