It’s Friday! Got a four day weekend coming up and I’m counting it down.

I steeped this one cautiously after drinking the Assam. I had a feeling this one would be very strong, too. Judging by how dark red it came out, I believe my short steep time was wise. It has an aroma that reminds me almost of a darjeeling. That sort of fresh, green hay scent.

The flavor is crisp and toasty, but features a less than desirable sort of vegetal note. Not really the clean black tea experience I was hoping for. Not too bitter, but it could get that way quickly if left to steep longer. There’s really not that much to say about this one. It’s a middle of the road black. Meh.

Flavors: Hay, Toasted, Vegetal

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 45 sec 24 OZ / 709 ML

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA