drank Kathmandu Cosmos by Nepal Tea

This was a free sample that came with my last order from Nepal Tea.

The first thing I notice is the actual tea to lemongrass ratio. There is certainly a lot. I like the idea of lemongrass in chai, though. It smells heavenly, spiced, and clean. There is also a considerable amount of citrus peel and coriander seed. As it steeps, the aroma reminds me of the citronella candles my mom used to keep the mosquitoes away. I used to smell those all the time on the back porch as a kid. So sweet and fresh. This tea could serve as aromatherapy, I swear.

The flavor is so comforting. Lemony with that well-rounded spice I’ve come to love from Nepal Tea. The spice especially comes through on the exhale. While I think a lot of the ingredients are muted by the lemongrass and peel, I can still taste (and rather feel) ginger, too. This is a masterpiece of a chai, much like their Nepali Breakfast. I’m probably going to end up trying every tea this company makes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Coriander Seed, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass

Kawaii433

This sounds excellent. One of the reasons I like the Kusmi Detox (green one) is because of the Lemongrass in it… Definitely will try this one out in the future.

Tabby

I highly recommend it!

Bluegreen

Cool name.

Comments

Kawaii433

Tabby

I highly recommend it!

Bluegreen

Cool name.

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA