drank Spicy Apple by Joy's Teaspoon

Wow… Joy’s Teaspoon went out of business without this tea ever being reviewed. That’s kinda sad. Anyway, I got this in their closing sale.

I’m finding a generous amount of dried apple, which reconstitutes in the hot water. As the tea steeps, there is a strong aroma of cinnamon and something bitter mixed with the apple. Something about it smells artificial, and frankly, a bit like pesticide.

The flavor is disappointing. Mostly bitter apple skin and fake cinnamon. Not the sweet apple cinnamon experience I was looking for at all. The tea is kinda spicy, I’ll give it that. But as much as I hate to waste tea, I’m not going to finish the 2 ounces I bought. Nope. Life its too short to suffer through bad tea, and this is certainly bad.

EDIT: I dumped the jar into the trash on my lunch break.

Flavors: Apple, Apple Skins, Artificial, Cinnamon

3 min, 30 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Comments

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA