drank Lemon Twist by Heavenly Tea Leaves

This one is from my March Sips By box.

Heavenly Tea Leaves’s website lists lemon peel as an ingredient, but I don’t see any in my sample. All I see are black tea leaves and lemongrass. But I certainly smell lemon peel! There is a very distinct, realistic lemon aroma, as opposed to lemon verbena or lemongrass. Mmm.

I was brushing my teeth while this steeped and didn’t hear the timer ding. So I think I steeped this somewhere between 3.5 and 4 minutes. Even with a little extra time, it comes out pretty light in color compared to other black teas. Steeped, the lemon fragrance is SO strong! Almost like I’m smelling the fresh cut fruit.

The flavor is not exactly what was promised by the aroma. The lemongrass is bright and present, but there’s also some weird note. It kind of reminds me of those chalky Valentines Day heart candies with the phrases on them. Like if those were lemon flavor. Or PEZ! Yes, lemon Pez. And even with 3 teaspoons of tea for 24 ounces, this is a little weak. I’d go with 4 next time for sure. All around, I am not impressed. Ajiri’s lemon black tea is much, much better.

Flavors: Candy, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA