drank English Breakfast Tea by Hyson

I took it as a bad sign when I opened the little paper package and sniffed. There was no scent at all coming from this tea. As it brewed, dark and cloudy, there came a hint of aroma finally. It reminded me of the big tea brewer I used in my waitress days at a country club. I tried to keep my expectations positive, as I love Ceylon.

I added 2 teaspoons of sugar and tasted it. I mostly tasted sugar, with a bit of a Ceylon aftertaste at the end. It tastes cheap and mass-produced with lots of filler. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth and is pretty astringent. I do not recommend this unless it’s a last resort.

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA