I got a big bag of this from my mom. Royal Cup is a food-service brand, common in local restaurants around here. The bag she gave me was meant for one of the huge canisters that hold gallons of sweet tea at a time. Anyway, I decided it might be cool to make a pitcher’s worth in my triniTea. I was wrong.

It’s so finely cut/smashed that it made an enormous mess in the machine. The infuser cup was mostly clogged by the particles. And the resulting tea? Not really good. I used 8 teaspoons to make a 2-quart pitcher. The tea tastes a bit like Thai tea before the condensed milk… that sort of bittery vanilla-esque black tea flavor. I didn’t really care for it, though I can’t really describe why. My brother said it was “bomb-ass” and drank all of it, however, so it didn’t go to waste.

Rabs

Egad — sorry for the tea fail, but happy that your brother at least enjoyed it.

Comments

Rabs

Egad — sorry for the tea fail, but happy that your brother at least enjoyed it.

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA