My brother received a box of this tea as a gift a few months ago. We finally got around to brewing a pitcher of it for sweet tea last night. It’s very mild but not weak. It tastes and smells like generic, everyday black tea, but without any harshness. There’s no bitter aftertaste. It’s completely smooth and malty. My brother described it as sort of creamy.

Others have said that it can stand long steep times without getting bitter, so I will definitely try that.

Iced 5 min, 15 sec

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA