drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

Thank again for the lovely tea package, Beorhthraefn! This one always sounded like something I’d like to try. Chocolate raspberry is definitely my favorite combo. This was a nice little sealed sample, so I ended up using the entire pouch – about 1 3/4 teaspoons. A little bit more that what is called for, but it seemed to work for me. The color of the cup is like a dark cup of coffee, but the flavor is great… a really ideal combination and also an ideal balance of those flavors. Roasted yerba mate, hints of chocolate, sweet raspberry and just enough chicory to make itself known (not over the top chicory like I had in a tea the other day… mostly chicory and very gross). I wish there had been more of those promised almonds, but there wasn’t much flavor from the one tiny almond sliver I noticed. I really like this blend and I’m very glad I got the chance to try it! I can see it converting some to being fans of yerba mate.
Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 2 min steep
Steep #2 // 8 min after boiling // 4 min steep

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
bluebirdteaco.com

zentealife.com
theteamerchant.net
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: