I’ve sipped this a couple times but haven’t written a note yet. This time I went all out with the recommended three teaspoons. Before, I was probably only using two. I would say there isn’t a large difference in flavor from using 2 to 3 teaspoons. But it definitely doesn’t seem overleafed with three. The base never gets bitter. It’s a really good blend, but I always am wishing there was as much melon flavor as the Cantaloupe & Cream tea had. There IS melon here though on this delicious Darj, with hints of espresso as well. The melon/coffee combo is really good. With this base, it couldn’t be a better choice, but I am finding it tough to taste the flavor of the Darj itself. Looking up my tasting note for the base on its own, I gave it a 92 so this is the perfect blend for me to stock up on! The second cup is possibly more delicious. I don’t think this Darj can be oversteeped at all. There might be more espresso flavor somehow. The THIRD steep is even scrumptious! This base is VERY difficult to ruin. Butiki, I miss you!
Steep #1 // 3 tsps. // 14 minutes after boiling // about 4 minute steep
Steep #2 // 15 min a.b // 4 min
Steep #3 // few minutes a.b. // 4 min

Note to self for future steeps: You don’t NEED 3 tsps. but if you DO use 3, definitely steep three times!

Marzipan

What if you mix in some Golden Honey Dew?

tea-sipper

That’s a good idea, but it probably tastes melony enough on its own, especially if I’m thinking consistently over the three steeps. Holds the flavor!

Comments

Marzipan

What if you mix in some Golden Honey Dew?

tea-sipper

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings:
95-100 – Super awesome deliciousness favorites – cupboard essential
80-95 – Also pretty delicious
65-80 – Pretty good
50-65 – Okay
1-50 – Probably won’t want to sip it again

I’m planning on being a Steepsterer as long as there IS a Steepster, so if you’re not hearing from me, that means something happened to my health… if you know what I mean. (Or as evidenced by the great computer hiatus of 2019, something happened to my computer.) :D

Happy sipping!