drank Golden Monkey by Queen Mary

This one is from Nicole – thank you! I wanted a dark malty brew today and this hits it! This isn’t the most golden of the Golden Monkeys – just occasional hints of gold on a couple leaves. Therefore this one might be stronger flavored than if it was golden. But the flavor is great – dark, dusky, milk chocolate (or maybe hints of dark chocolate?) A little bit of tanginess that I would think to find in an ancient/wild leaf. I love that the description says this is like “caramel” but I’m not sure I agree. Tough to describe it but I’ll love the remaining few teaspoons I have left!
Steep #1 // 2 tsps // few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Nicole

I’m glad to hear you liked it! It wasn’t a favorite for me. I like that you noted tanginess. I think that may be what I am describing as sour notes but not unpleasant ones that I’ve been finding in similar teas lately. That is the word I have been looking for! :)

Comments

Nicole

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
bluebirdteaco.com

zentealife.com
theteamerchant.net
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: